Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sick Cycle Carousel..

Humming the song by Lifehouse...


Heat and humidity are killer on my bloodsugars.  Generally I am low 2x times or more a day when I'm in the heat, sometimes have super low BG numbers, like, ahem, a 35 or low enough where 35 carbs don't do much more than bring it up to 66.  Then the liver kicks in, decides to shoot out some glucose and then I go high, then I bolus to correct that high, then I go low 'cause it's hot or I'm not eating much--'cause it's hot and apparently didn't need so much of a bump.  I'll try better today and tonight.


Makes you dizzy just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Barrett said...

Haha, I know how you feel Kate :) Often the same thing happens to me when I'm out in the sun. I guess something about being out in the heat draws more sugar out of some people than others. This is the first time I've seen your blog and I noticed you're on TuDiabetes. So am I, and I also have a blog :D Please check it out if you have time at http://howtodiabetic.blogspot.com

Feel free to say hi any time or add me as a friend on TuDiabetes!