Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hot to the One-Touch

Has anyone noticed that it's damn hot in Minnesota? 


My cat Stickee, hogging the fan this morning

I've been fighting with my One-Touch Ping meter remote for the past 2 mos.  It had "Ping-ed" out.  The thing didn't seem to read or sense the strips when inserted or when blood was added.  I finally got fed up with swearing and throwing strips around and called One-Touch and they promptly sent me a new one!  Awesome customer service they have.  How nice it is not to waste 3-4 strips per test!  Back on track with my awesome testing schedule. 

As for the home front:

Too hot to paint right now...

The garden is going insane with this humidity and heat!  I have to take pictures this week.  We've been eating snow peas regularly for a couple weeks and I've already harvested my first 1 1/2 cups of garden peas.  I really enjoyed sitting on the stoop shelling them :)  I quick-blanched and froze them.  I'm hoping to have at least one ziplock bag of frozen peas this year!  The scarlett runner beans, trionfo violetto beans and other climbing beans are over 6 ft tall and starting to fill out.  I'm hoping to dry some of the varieties-wonder if I'll have enough? 

My broccoli plants are giant, but no broccoli in them yet!  I forget how long they take to make a crown, can anyone inform me? 

6 comments:

live sports said...

nice work

biglietti juventus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
traslation services from Arabic to Italian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Find Restaurants said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Website Development Bangalore said...

nice

moving help in tri-cities wa said...

good post