Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Guess What? The Sh*t Hit the Fan...Part 1

As I read over my last post back in mid-November...I was happy to have no BP issues or protein in the urine...blah blah blah.  Well, the shit hit the fan, starting on my birthday (the 27th) of all days!  I was 33w5d.

I had a regularly scheduled endo appointment and my blood pressure was elevated, which it had been just a couple random times at previous appts.  But never continuous.  I thought it was from the longer hike from the parking garage to the office, but guess not.  We then were looking at my insulin dosages and told my Dr. that the total daily dosage had gone waaay down the past couple days.  That worried her.  Other than that, my BG numbers had been pretty darn perfect the past months.  A1c was still at a 6.  She said she'll send an IM to my OB doc to discuss me.  I went on my merry way to head home around 4:00 pm.  

Then, I had a thought to check my work voicemail  just in case I had any messages.  I did.  It was my endo telling me I need to go to the L&D triage unit at the hospital.  Not even the hospital I plan on delivering at, which freaked me out.  I was slightly annoyed, as hubby and I were to go out to eat for my birthday.  But, they said it'd only be a couple hours to monitor me and the baby.  Well, I ended up staying there, all by myself from 4:30 until 10:30!  Hooked up to the fetal heart monitor and automatic bp cuff.  No TV even!  Then my cell died!  They ended up doing an u/s bio-physical profile on baby, which he was sleeping at that point, so was a little slow and not really responsive like his usual spazzy self and then we had to wait for the on-call physician to look over everything.  There were two decelerations that happened to the baby's heart beat, but they said it was ok since it was over a period of 6 hours.  From the u/s, they noted that the pressure on the umbilical cord was on the higher side of normal, so they're to watch that now too.  My BP finally lowered itself after a couple of hours.  I was told to go home and rest if I can.  I took the next day off to decompress.

Poor hubby was still at home waiting for me to get there to maybe have a late dinner, but that idea was shot to hell.  So, what do you do when there's no food at home, you were supposed to have a romantic/fun/yummy dinner out at our favorite local hangout, Ruby Tuesdays?  (I know...but we like it)  Stop at McD's drivethrough that is open 24 hours.  Whatever to high blood pressure for one day.  But I did come home to a box of chocolates and a cute card from my hubby, which was sweet.  

Next Post:  The Sh*t Hit the Fan...Part 2

No comments: